Ran Malwarebytes: 1st execution found Rogue.Installer, Trojan.Vundo, Rootkit.tdss, Hijack Control Panel Syle -- quarantined files deleted. Repeated Malbytes two more times and found Rootkit.tdss under both windows user names -- files deleted again. Continue to have multiple computer issues:
1) IE 8 keeps getting hijacked to netlist.com, netslist.com, other web sites trying to sell antivirus/malware programs
2) GoogleUpdate.exe pop up Application Error "A breakpoint has been reached"
3) Critical System Warning pop up on log on to user: "The file you have tried to open has been detected as infected by viurs and blocked to protect your PC.
4) Can not initiate several software programs, getting error message: "Initialization: Driver Failed or Busy"
5) Can not access this web site or others associated with help for malware -- IE 8 & Firefox suddenly close -- so have to use a second compter.
6) Spybot and Symantec programs will not work and will not update or reinstall. IOBit Security installed but didn't find Rootkit.
Ran GMER and saw warning: "GMER has found system modification caused by Rootkit Activity". (GMER log attached)
Ran OTL for all users for past 30 days; log is attached
Also ran HijackThis; log is attached.
This is very nasty malware ... Heard you guys were the ultimate experts. Hope you can help.
Forgot to mention in my original post that System Restore will not work. I can see all of my restore points but I can't get the computer to restore to an earlier time. Also tried to create a new restore point but I get a pop up saying that I have to restart the computer every time I try.
Merged posts. ~ OB
Edited by Orange Blossom, 16 January 2010 - 09:33 PM.