Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet security 2010 virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jaydeeyork

jaydeeyork

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

i found the 'internet security 2010' virus on my laptop yesterday, it started with facebook, bebo and youtube being restricted websites, this is when i realised something was wrong i found your website on 'how to remove the virus' and followed the instructions , installed rkill.com and malwarebytes'anti-malware and followed all instructions. when the scan was complete it fixed all infections removed all infections ,notepad appeared which i shut down. it asked me then to reboot which is what i did. After restart i found that all programs on my desktop including the internet could not be activated, this included the help desk and even disabled my anti-virus, my AVG anti-virus is saying i am not protected some components report an error but i can run a scan. Start up programs have all been blocked. I then re scanned with the malwarebytes program and after removing the first ones yet another 57 infections appeared.in a last ditched attempt, i restarted in safe mode but didnt do a scan while there,i was then able to restore system to a few days earlier which was successful.everything was fine then in normal mode until i got a pop up saying threats detected,severe. unsure if this was the virus again so i ran malwarebytes again and there was a further 33infections which i removed.after panicking about it i switched laptop off as im out of my depth and really unsure if what ive done so far has made things worse or not.i wont turn laptop on again now until i hear from you.Im a complete novice when it comes to computers so im totally stuck as to what to do next. i dont know whether its been completely removed or if the infection is still there. also im emailing you from another computer as i cant access the internet on my other. unsure if you need details but if you do the infected laptop is an acer aspire running on windows vista. i hope i have included everything you need to know. Please could you help me resolve this before its too late?
Many thanks,

Edited by jaydeeyork, 17 January 2010 - 05:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users