Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 phoenix rising

phoenix rising

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

Proxy problems I have a problem with my proxy settings. They keep checking themselves causing me browser to have issues. When they are checked I get an error message that reads " can't load page check your proxy settings" I have to go to control panel and un check them manually and they recheck themselves back, each time I use the computer sometimes 2 or 3 times. I have to go to control panel then Internet options and correct the problem. on both the settings tab as well as the LAN Settings tab. I've even tried disabling some of the plug-ins which I thought could be causing the problems. I've run all the anti V. malware, anti spy-ware, stuff I had nothing turns up. It stopped for a day maybe and then it was right back and the plug-ins were still disabled. I'm sure it's something I'm missing but I've tried everything. I can think of what though, and I've been living with this problem for months. I have windows XP and use Firefox as a browser. I've used this set up for many years and never had this problem. Now it wont go away. I could really use someone's help with this. It isn't effecting Internet Explorer although I don't like it so I don't use it. I have un and re installed Firefox it's still there. I have also removed and reinstalled windows no change at all. It seems the problem is connected to Firefox some how!
FF is set as my default and the connection setting is no proxy. If I wouldn't lose all my book marks as well as important extensions like Java in FF I would yank FF and re install it again. I really think it's connected with the plug ins. I don't know maybe I will live with this forever!

[color="#0000FF"]Click Tools>Options>Advanced then click on the Network Tab. Look where it says Settings in the Connections box and click that button and tell me what you see.
mine is on no proxy! when I click on manual proxy everything is blank socky5 is ticked and the no proxy is "localhost, 127.0.0.1". I don't know what a proxy is exactly. Would it be FF or Google? how do I Google my proxy setting. Should I try using the ones you use? Like I said I don't know what proxie settings I need to use and know even less about ports!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users