Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser windows slow to open then freeze

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lcmom01

lcmom01

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

I am new here. I read your intro "what to do before posting a problem" post. I ran my norton scan in safe mode and then I ran Super Anti-spyware in safe mode. Norton found 2 probs and fixed. Super-AS found 9 and fixed. The computer is still running slow and when I try to open a browser window, it stays blank for a long time and just freezes. I usually have to just restart. When I look at the task manager, there are a lot of the same processes running at the same time. Can I just post a hijack this log here? Can you please help? I have a feeling there is something on my computer that's not supposed to be there. I've had pop-ups constantly, but none while I've been typing this post. Things like "flagthis.biz" and "nexplore search". I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:18 PM

If you suspect that you are infected, I would first post here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

If it is your intent to post a HJT log, please follow these instructions:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 lcmom01

lcmom01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

Thank you. I followed those steps and posted on the forum for infections and malware.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,116 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Failed to read other posts.
Louis

Edited by hamluis, 16 January 2010 - 10:02 PM.

#5 lcmom01

lcmom01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:10 PM

I did read the other posts. I read the ones about fixing a slow computer and then the ones about posting. After I posted this, I was directed to the forum about HJT logs and so I went there and posted there. There is so much on this site that I couldn't possibly know all the rules and everything I'm supposed to read upon my first visit here. A little push in the right direction is all I need. I don't mean to post in the wrong places or skip a step, but how can I know it's wrong if no one tells me?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,116 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

Not you...me :thumbsup:.

I had posted comments, then noticed that one of our malware forums was suggested.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users