Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP prnters all trying to print non-existent jobs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smartjock99

smartjock99

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:45 PM

About one week ago, my hp 1100 laserjet printer started to print by itself. I did not send any job to it. It just started to feed paper through it - blank pages came out and it wouldn't stop. I unhooked the printer, hooked up my old HP laserjet 4L, and it started to do the same thing. Both of these are working off the parallel port cable.

Now I've noticed that my HP Photosmart 8250 is trying to do the same thing (it's on a USB connection).
This did occur when I was having a malware issue. That problem has been solved within another forum.

I'd appreciate any steps as to what I should do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

Have you cleared the print spooler?
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-t...-a-print-queue/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 smartjock99

smartjock99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:16 PM

This worked!

Thanks ever so much!

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

You're welcome
Glad it's working
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users