Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Started with Windows Police Pro malware but there seems to be alot more

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 mariox2098

mariox2098

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:04 AM

First of all, the first sign of infection i noticed was windows police pro. It had all these pop ups and stuff and wasnt allowing windows defender to load and a couple anti virus/malware programs too (like malwarebytes). I eventually fixed this by renaming MBAM and then everything seemed fine for a while. Then things started appearing again but it want police pro again. Im not exactly sure what they are but there are taskbar popups talking about anti virus and norton occasionally popup telling me theres an infection in system32. I checked system32 and some of the most recent files are alot of exes and dlls with random character names, Lastly, yesterday when i opened my computer, a command line prompt opened and started running something and thats when i turned my computer off.

DDS wasnt working for me so im wondering if i should use hijackthis and upload that log? rootrepeal did work and ive attached that

Attached Files

• Attached File  ark.txt   88.65KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mariox2098

mariox2098
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

Can you close this so i dont waste anyones time? Ive fixed my problem already.

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:53 AM

Topic closed upon users request.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users