Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BMExtreme

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 phiz

phiz

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:01 AM

Hi

I have installed BMExtreme via MajorGeeks, now I have no idea how to get it to do what I want!

I am not very computer literate, so please be gentle with me.

I have BT Broadband with a 1 GB allowance per month, my daughter started using a webcam and now we have gone way over our limit, incurring a 4 charge, I have since disconnected the webcam, I had a daily usage monitor, but it was not updated very often, now it seems to have disappeared.

Could you please tell me how to set the new BMExtreme to work like the old monitor did, or suggest another (freeware) one I could download that would be easier to use.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:00 PM

Hi phiz

I use NetStat Live to monitor my connection. it uses few resources and if you set it to run on startup it tracks your incoming totals and outgoing totals for the current month and shows the last month also. It has other features that show CPU usage and will show your connection speed in and out too.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 phiz

phiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:11 PM

Thanks a lot for that, I will try it, although I cant promise I wont be back ... lol

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:22 PM

Sure come back if you have a question. When its installed, right click on the interface and select configure. I have mine set as follows:

Auto Minimize - Enabled

Auto Start - Enabled (you need this to keep the monthly totals)

Close Minimizes - Enabled

TCP/IP Interface - All

Display values in - Bytes

Under Configure I have everything checked except System Threads but you can set that as you like.

Hope you like it.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users