Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Internet Connection WILL NOT connect even when it says it's connected.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Fortifiv3_*

Guest_Fortifiv3_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

Problem : Cannot browse the web (I am on another computer)

Description : I have my router or modem connected directly to the computer. I have no wireless setup as of right now on it. All of the lights that are used to signify it is connected are on. My computer says that it is connected fully. In the lower right hand corner the box that has the internet connection status says it is connected at 100.0 MPS (Which is how much it is when I can normally connect. My computer even shines a green light out of the back of it to show that the ethernet cable is properly connected in it, and the light is on like normal, but it will not connect still.

Things I have done: 1)Changed/renewed IP address.
2)Uninstalled and reinstalled modem driver
3)Turned modem off and back on
4)Had a technician look at it. didn't fix it
5)Called my ISP and stayed on the phone all day with them. Didn't fix it
6)Attempted to update the modem device/driver
7)Went through connection options on Firefox and IE
8)Removed a box from the side of my house that the technician said was blocking the DSL. didn't fix it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:15 AM

You have DSL, so is the modem also the router?

Your ISP said your modem is connecting?

You can't browse the web on Firefox or IE?

Have you scanned the PC for virus and/or malware?

I am unclear what you mean in numbers 2 and 6.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users