Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wrong language (Arabic?) in certain dialogs/windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kisk

kisk

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

Just restored a clients machine to a previous restore point, cleaned everything up (virus/malware wise).

Only problem I'm having now is some of the elements within windows are displayed in a different language.. I'm guessing Arabic. Already checked Regional/Lang settings, checked HKLM\Sys\CS001\Cont\Nls\Language too

Only certain items in the CP and various dialogs are in Arabic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

How do you fix this??? I believe its keeping me from installing SP3 on this machine as well...
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:36 PM

Hi kisk:

My gut reaction was 'lol' at that screen shot; I've never actually seen the Arabic language pack in use. This was from a malware infection?? But let's address your problem, shall we?

First, let's start off by going into detail about your 'Regional and Language Options'. Was the regional options set to English? In the 'Language' tab, is the 'Text Services and Input Languages' option set to English as well?

Also, are you able to use a Win XP installation CD to repair Windows? If I'm not mistaken, there is an option to select your default Regional Settings there as well. Post back here with more details! Good luck. =)
fueled by coffee™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users