Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I ERASE all the Missing Files/Unknown Owner objects?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 PCHelpNeeded

PCHelpNeeded

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

Several things seem comprimised, or is it? Looking at the sheer number of Unknown Owners and Missing Files...what could be going on here? Is this at all, "normal"? *EDIT_NEVERMIND, I found my answer in the Official HJT forums, and present it here for all future Windows 7 64-bit users for future reference:

Re: HJT Unknown owner - missing file in logOptions

Hi there!

HiJackThis version up until 2.0.3 (beta) are geared towards most consumer installations on 32-bit and systems from Windows XP and prior.We've tested it to run without crashing on even the latest Windows 7, however the outputs would not be as meaningful (ex. Unknown Owner) given that registry entries beyond Windows XP have slight differences in the calling code. The next version of HiJackThis (v2.0.5) is in the works and we're looking to get all the needed updates including 64-bit functionality in place towards Q1 2010. Stay tuned :-)

Thank you HJT. icon_thumb.gif

Edited by PCHelpNeeded, 15 January 2010 - 09:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users