Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crazy Malware/Spyware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jmacgolf99

Jmacgolf99

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

Hello,

First of all, thank you for all that you guys do.

I was on Facebook when all of a sudden some malware started popping up, I get an Antivirus Live popup that starts "scanning" my laptop. I also get a "windows security alert" balloon that pops up on the bottom right of my screen that reads "windows reports that computer is infected. Antirvirus software helps to protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. Click here for the scan you computer. Your system might be at risk now" It's also popping some adult sites in Internet Explorer. Usually if this were to happen I would just use System Restore and be done with it. When I try to open System restore or Spybot is says I can't be cause these files are infected. I tried operating in safe mode and using doing system restore it would go through all the motions but would end up saying it was unsuccessful.

I then tried all the basic steps that you provide but when I tried to open the log it wouldn't let me because it said the file was infected. So now I really don't know what to do but to ask you guys. Help if you can please. Thank you sooo much in advance.

Justin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jmacgolf99

Jmacgolf99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

I ended up finding how to fix this Antivirus Live malware step by step on this site. This site ROCKS! No need for a reply, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users