Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with cut, copy and paste

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Frank10935

Frank10935

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

Hello again. I'm am having a problem trying to cut, copy and paste from two documents. Really what I,m trying to do is overlay like a stamp (with words) so I don't have write the same thing on each doc. Any help? Frank

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fallendream

fallendream

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

Hello again. I'm am having a problem trying to cut, copy and paste from two documents. Really what I,m trying to do is overlay like a stamp (with words) so I don't have write the same thing on each doc. Any help? Frank

highlight what you want to copy and right click, select copy. go to the other document and right click and select paste.

if copying doesn't work try highlighting, going into edit and selecting copy.
going into edit and selecting paste there will paste if right clicking doesn't work.

Joe.

#3 cahaba

cahaba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

Try Joe's suggestions first, if they don't work then try this:

-Highlight the text to be copied (hold right click button on mouse then move the mouse to highlight)
-Release right click button on mouse (text should remain highlighted, if not, start over)
-With text highlighted, Hold the [Ctrl] button while you hit the key for the letter "c". Release the [Ctrl] button. (You won't see anything happen but this is the command to copy.)
-Next, left click on the destination document where the text is to be copied.
-Hold the [Ctrl] button while you hit the key for the letter "v". (This is the command for paste. Your text should instantly appear on the destination document.)
Fun Fact 1: Use the [Ctrl] [A] command to select everthing on the page! Then use [Ctrl] [V] to paste, as usual.
Fun Fact 2: The letter "v" seems like an odd one to use for paste but "p" was already assigned to the Print command so they had to use a different letter.

If none of these suggestions work then you are either trying to copy text in a protected document or need to use the features within the software to perform the copy and paste functions (ie, use the drop down menus at the top of the page). Some programs will allow you to copy but not paste! It's very frustrating. You can always click "help" within the program and see if they provide any information about the topic of question if all else fails.

Good Luck!,
Jennifer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users