Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logo Screen, Cannot Get Any Farther

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EastTnMan

EastTnMan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

Hello all. I have an HP, and it has worked great for several years now, with my upgrades. I am running XP Media Center. The computer stays powered up 24/7, and when I got up, all I have is a blue "HP Invent" logo screen. The bottom of the screen says press esc+boot, F3=setup, F10=recovery All of these are inaccessable, and will not respond at all on any of these options. I can hear the HD spin, but I get no attempt to start windows, and can get nothing other than the logo screen. I have unplugged, rebooted, to no avail at all. Does anyone have any ideas at all? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thisnameissoclever

thisnameissoclever

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

That's tough.
If you leave the computer on for a long time (sometimes several hours) it should eventually show an error, at least specifically what it's looking for and hasn't found.
(seriously, I've done it myself, you have to wait a LONG time)

If the music is loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart.

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,725 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

Did you try "Safe Mode", "Last know good configuration"?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

If you are able to make changes in the BIOS, see if you can change the BOOT SEQUENCE ORDER to make the CD/DVD driver, the primary device.
Now try booting up with a linux based LiveCD (like Knoppix) and let us know if it works.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#5 EastTnMan

EastTnMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:48 AM

Thanks! I unplugged everything from the system last night, recovered, and it booted up in the recovery mode fine. I am grasping at straws here, but is it possible I have overloaded my power supply with the equipment? I have 7 USB ports on the computer, and I have all of these used, plus one of them goes to a powered USB hub that is operating 3 devices. I am not sure of the wattage from the factory supply, but maybe some of you gurus can let me know if maybe the power supply is simply underpowered for what I have attached to it? Thanks for any input!

#6 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:11 AM

I am guessing that you need all 10 usb devices installed at all times :thumbsup: so you may have to either unplug some of them or possibly upgrade your power supply as you mentioned...Have you checked the Event Viewer? You may see errors that might give you some clues as to why the system wouldn't boot up even with all of your "goodies" plugged your true problem may be elsewhere...Worth a look....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users