Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

degrading issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 superbee

superbee

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:03 PM

chk disc/scan 4 errors neither works with norton sys works or c properties..."cannot acces ntfs" schedule on reboot...restore also will not go back to previous point...also sys starts in safe mode...shutdown then okay...everything was fine on a clean sys till i had some problems with Call of duty xpansion pack

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 24 August 2005 - 03:55 AM

Hi can you do a hijack this log and resubmit it under a new heading. Someone will be along to look at it.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:49 AM

What sort of problems did you have with that expansion pack, and what did you do to correct them? I suspect you may have made some changes you should not have, and knowing what you did may help to reverse them, if possible.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:24 AM

Try deleting the game. See if that resolves the problem and if it does, then try to reinstall it.

#5 superbee

superbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:10 PM

Call of duty has long since been removed. My 2 main issues are restore "unable to restore checkpoint" and chk dsk unable to access ntfs. Both problems seem related to my C, hard drive. I have C Cleaner installed and it works well, however it has been suggested that using this my remove my restore points. and for chkdsk I am wondering if ( I have Norton Sys works installed) and windows c properties , if I try to use both it may cause a problem. Every start up shows windows trying to access ntfs with failure then continues to boot.. i think im looking at a reformat soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users