Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Personal Security Virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brewick

Brewick

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:23 AM

I am trying to rid my home computer of the Personal Security Virus. I am unable to access this website on it, so I downloaded the needed files to my flashdrive. My computer will not read the flashdrive....could this be a result of the virus???? Or is the drive faulty on the computer itself? (The CD drive also does not work, but that happened long before the virus). Any advice on what to do now would be greatly appreicated!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Giggsteve8

Giggsteve8

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

I'm sure someone with the ability to go into more detail will be along soon, but for now... What operating system are you using? Also, have you tried booting into safe mode to get your thumb drive to read?

#3 Brewick

Brewick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for responding. I have Windows Vista and no, I haven't tried in "Safe Mode". How do I do that??

#4 Giggsteve8

Giggsteve8

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:53 AM

Not a problem.

Simply restart your computer, and immediately when the computer begins to load up, begin to gently tap the F8 key. A screen should appear, reading Windows Vista Advanced Boot Options. Select the safe mode option, and let the computer finish booting.

See if your computer will then read your thumb drive.

#5 Brewick

Brewick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:55 AM

I will definitley try that! I wish I would have brought my computer to work with me....I'm anxious to get rid of this virus and get my computer up and running at home!

#6 Brewick

Brewick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

Giggsteve8-

Thank you so much for educating me on how to boot in SAFE mode. It worked! I have successly cleaned my computer of the virus!! Thanks again!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users