Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GREEN SCREEN - "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED!"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 paisleydaisies

paisleydaisies

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

Okay, so I'm not too good with computers, but I also don't have a lot of money to spend taking it to get it fixed.
I was on the internet, doing my thing, and a warning pops up saying the site I was trying to visit was a "Reported Attack Site."
I ignored the warning.
It tried to download things (which I THOUGHT I stopped it from doing) and now there's a red circle with an X in it in my taskbar, occasionally I get a popup telling me that my computer is infected, and the background of my computer changed from a picture of my boyfriend to an unsightly green screen with a black box in the middle that says "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED!"

I ran an avast! Scan on my computer, and although it found a few virus/malware/creepy stuff, nothing is making that green screen go away and my computer is being very difficult.

I don't even know where to begin!

Thank you in advance =]

EDIT: Topic moved to Am I Infected forum ~ Elise

Edited by elise025, 15 January 2010 - 06:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:36 AM

I would try downloading Malwarebytes and AVG. if that doesnt work.

Edited by elise025, 15 January 2010 - 06:58 AM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:44 AM

avast is better then avg

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:24 AM

well, ive had more luck with AVG but to be honest starcraft manager, 2 things. First, theres no such thing as an anti-virus that catches everything, which is why i have 3 on my computer. and my second point ties to the first in that he already tried avast and it didnt solve it, so by running a couple other programs they may catch what avast did not.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:39 AM

yes but i had avg which would not find a virus ( there was one there ) so my brother got a 3 yearold program and update the def and found it

now i know that the virus could have messed up avg but avast has self protection:):thumbsup::):flowers: lol ( not sure if avg has that now )

starcraft manager ? ? lol

any way try melwarebytes
it works well

Edited by starcraftmaster, 15 January 2010 - 08:40 AM.

#6 rollie69

rollie69

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:10 AM

I have the same thing on my computer.

I've spent 3 1/2 hrs scanning. I've used malwarebytes, Spybot n Avira antivirus.

My computer still has this problem.

It started from an email my wife opened, which claimed to be from UPS.

#7 Giggsteve8

Giggsteve8

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:44 AM

which is why i have 3 on my computer

Sounds impressive, but that can be quite harmful. I would really only recommend one real-time monitoring antivirus program at a time, since running more than one real-time antivirus program can cause conflicts.

Then again, you have 250x more posts than I.

#8 Xellos

Xellos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

I can't do anything when all I see is Green. what can I do besides wipeing the Hard Drive?????????????????? :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users