Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery issues- Inspiron 1525

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 theastrozombie

theastrozombie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:32 PM

Hi guys, first time poster here. I'm having some issues with my laptop battery. Basically what happened is that after having the battery for two years, it began to not work as well (as is to be expected with a laptop battery) and then eventually would not hold a charge. I bought a new battery to use when I was going to classes, and only use my old battery when I'm at home (and I keep the power cord plugged in when I'm using it). My battery got to the point when it wasn't even holding a charge and the laptop would shut off as soon as I pulled out the power cord, which is fine because I have another battery. But then last night it started holding a charge again, and now I can use it for extended periods of time without it dying. But then, when I try to restart the computer the battery says it is empty. Normally I would be happy about this (I cheated the system, yay), but my concern is that since my battery is acting so irregularly, there may be something seriously wrong with it. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I'd just like some reassurance that I'm not going crazy, or that my battery isn't going to suddenly explode on me. Thanks guys!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users