Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad-Aware

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 phil7

phil7

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:26 PM

Hi,
When I try to update the Ad-Aware definitions I get a "No Definitions updates available" message. My last update was the 17th of August. Did they go on vacation? Normally they have new updates at least every other day if not every day. Has anyone else experienced this in the past week? :thumbsup:
Iíve learned two things in life: One, there is a God; Two, Iím not Him!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:38 PM

The SE1R62 17.08.2005 is the latest dat file. I have used this program for many years and have gone as long as 12-15 days before seeing a new update file! I would install more malware scanners to stay protected at all times. One company will find something today, and another company will find something new tomorrow. If you do not have other programs yet, visit http:www.micaspecialties.org/lockdown.htm to get protected!

#3 phil7

phil7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:38 PM

OK Thanks.
Just making sure everything's up to snuff.

#4 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:14 AM

There are new definitions available today SE1R63 24.08.2005
HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:49 PM

Thanks Peggy,

Or should I say,:thumbsup: Thanks buttoni? Appreciate the "heads up" on the new updates.:flowers:

Be (update) Safe

Da Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 phil7

phil7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:43 PM

Thanks,
Tried to update but I guess it's overloaded with everyone else trying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users