Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Optical Audio Output

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sallie48

Sallie48

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

Bought a new HDTV and want to use my receiver/stereo speakers for a home theater effect. My TV only has an optical output. My cable box has both HDMI and standard wired outputs. Can I use the HDMI output to the TV and also use the wired outputs from the cable box to go to the receiver for the speakers??? Can both be used at the same time? And will the sound be ok?

I am so mixed up. Any help will be appreciated!!!

Sallie

EDIT: Moved to a different forum
Maybe you'll have better luck-MG

Edited by garmanma, 19 January 2010 - 12:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sallie48

Sallie48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:25 AM

Any help please????? Or do you know of another site that deals with sound systems? Please let me know.

Sallie

#3 mrmidnite

mrmidnite

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:33 PM

Hi, not to sure about your prefered options but there is a box available that will convert the digital out from your tv to stereo phono which will input into a aux or line in on your stereo.
Hope this is of some help
Drew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users