Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Redirecting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mwells

mwells

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

I have been having some problems over the past couple of days. My browser started redirecting me then yesterday I started getting a message that Application could not be executed. It progressively got worse not allowing me to access the internet, task manager, contrl panel nothing. I was able to log on to my lap top and down load super Antispyway to my flash drive. This program found a lot of problems that McAfee did not. I had to download to flash internet explorer because I could not access the internet. I'm now able to get online however the redirect issue is happening again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,807 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 mwells

mwells
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:53 AM

I am having more problems.... My computer will not boot. I have a error message Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area cause3d by the following file: iastor.sys

I have tried to boot in safe mode to no avail. I need some help please. Prior to this I downloaded DDS from a link provided on this site ( I think that is what it was called)

#4 mwells

mwells
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

I originally started getting redirected and found some of the culprits w/ malware removal tools. Then the internet security infection occured and shut down my computer. Yesterday, I can not log onto my computer at all. I have a blue screen w the following error page fault in nonpaged area file iastor.sys. I have tried to reboot in safe mode in every kind of way but nothing. Any direction???????? No one responded to my original post. Thanks

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 January 2010 - 08:39 PM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users