Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop keeps disconecting from wireless

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Connor!

Connor!

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:12 PM

Hi

I had actually posted this here, but realised it was the wrong place afterwards.

I just bought a new netbook (Toshiba T100) and have been trying to connect it to my also new router (Netgear WNB2100)Everytime I connect to the network, it will stay connected for a few minutes and then disconnect and show on my laptop for a few seconds that no wireless networks are available and then it will rescan and connect... and repeat the process. I have made sure that the computer is unable to put my wireless card to sleep. My Wireless card is Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC and I am running Windows 7.

Thanks

Connor
Posted Image
Thanks Shaba! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Connor!

Connor!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

Hi

I've just found out that this only happens when on battery power, but I'm sure I've checked all the power settings and they're all set to maximum performance for networking while on battery power, and not to turn the device to sleep.

Thanks
Connor
Posted Image
Thanks Shaba! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users