Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am in big trouble here...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PT221

PT221

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

Hello. I hope that someone can help me here. I don't know how but I picked up a nasty virus or something on my computer. Here is what is happening:

Immediately upon starting the computer explorer windows popup linkint to two different sited soviettop and rivalnetowrk. I have turned my internet connection off on that computer because it was crashing. I ran my antivirus and it found tons of programs which were deleted, but I still get the popups and my computer will crash every 10 minutes or so.

It is a Windows Vista Machine.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by PT221, 14 January 2010 - 01:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 whiteac2k4

whiteac2k4

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

I would suggest using another machine to download Malwarebytes and the manaul updater both can be found at www.Malwarebytes.org. Transfer these files over to the infected machine via USB, CD, whatever. Boot the machine in Safe mode and run a full scan after you install and run the manual updater. I would also suggest using Spybot S&D as well on the infected PC. What Antivirus are you using on the infected machine?

Then again, the infection may have just changed your default homepage. You can view your homepage within Internet Properties.

#3 PT221

PT221
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

Thanks. I downloaded Malwarebytes onto a usb and moved it over to the other computer but I can't seem to get it to run. Double-clicking ro right clocking and selecting "Open" or "Run as administrator" don't seem to do anything. Am I missing something?

I ran Spyware Doctor.

I checked the homepage on IE and it is yahoo.com.

#4 PT221

PT221
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

Update.

So I kept getting the Runtime "0" and Runtime "440" errors when running Malwarebytes. I tried looking in the Non-Plug and Play Drivers but didn't see anything like "TDSSserv.sys" which I saw suggested in another forum.

Still can't do much on the computer and new internet windows open up every minute or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users