Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardisk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 8Bits

8Bits

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:51 PM

I want my Hardrive for using ReadyBoost.
Is there any way?

Edited by 8Bits, 14 January 2010 - 12:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

Are you saying that you want to use a hard drive for ReadyBoost to speed up your system?

If so, regular hard disk drives do not have level of performance necessary to use them for ReadyBoost. If you try to do it, Windows will give you a nice error message saying you can't for the reason I just gave.

Just buy a bigger stick of RAM (what ReadyBoost attempts to synthesize) if you're running low on memory. You could try increasing the size of your page file instead, but buying more RAM will give better performance.

Hope that helps. :huh:

P.S. In your future posts, could you please provide more than a couple fragmented sentences in your topic? It is very hard to "read between the lines", so to speak, on a forum, especially when you provide extremely little information about what your problem is or what you want to do. If you gave a specific and clear problem statement to start with, it would help the people who attempt to assist you provide advice much quicker without having to ask questions about what you want, ask for clarification, etc. Thanks. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users