Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ALOT toolbar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:51 AM

I have Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8 on my computer. Can anyone tell me what the ALOT Toolbar is and how to remove it and should I remove it? Thank you. Murrar

MOD Edit: Moved to Am I Infected forum as it is.~~boopme

Edited by boopme, 14 January 2010 - 10:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:58 AM

Here is information on this toolbar:

http://www.pchell.com/support/alot.shtml

You can remove it by going to ADD/REMOVE programs.

The site I linked to also mentions Hijack This.
If you decide to run HJT and remove the entry it lists, you do so at your own risk.

If you are not trained in malware removal and the use of HJT
you could mess up your system if you accidentally removed the wrong thing.

The good news is that you could post the HJT log in the HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum for a member of the HJT team to review.

If you do post a log, be sure to mention the toolbar, and include a link to this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users