Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vundo/Rootkit.tdss infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 leonjack

leonjack

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:52 AM

Hi, I would really appreciate any help you are able to give me. My wife picked up something bad messing around on facebook most likely. It was the malware defender infection. Here is the MalwareBytes log after I ran it:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3545
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

1/12/2010 12:11:29 AM
mbam-log-2010-01-12 (00-11-29).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|I:\|P:\|S:\|)
Objects scanned: 321767
Time elapsed: 44 minute(s), 7 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 2
Files Infected: 13

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\Program Files\Malware Defense\mdext.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\malware defense (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malware Defense (Rogue.MalwareDefense) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\H8SRT (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\malware defense (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\settdebugx.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\malware Defense (Rogue.MalwareDefense) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\kmckay\Start Menu\Programs\malware Defense (Rogue.MalwareDefense) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Malware Defense\mdext.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\kmckay\Local Settings\Temp\settdebugx.exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\kmckay\Local Settings\Temp\wscsvc32.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Malware Defense\mdefense.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Malware Defense\uninstall.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\malware Defense\help.ico (Rogue.MalwareDefense) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\malware Defense\md.db (Rogue.MalwareDefense) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\kmckay\Start Menu\Programs\malware Defense\Malware Defense Support.lnk (Rogue.MalwareDefense) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\kmckay\Start Menu\Programs\malware Defense\Malware Defense.lnk (Rogue.MalwareDefense) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\kmckay\Start Menu\Programs\malware Defense\Uninstall Malware Defense.lnk (Rogue.MalwareDefense) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\kmckay\Desktop\Malware Defense.lnk (Rogue.MalwareDefense) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\kmckay\Desktop\Malware Defense Support.lnk (Rogue.MalwareDefense) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\kmckay\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Malware Defense.lnk (Rogue.MalwareDefense) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

The computer was still running slowly so I scanned it again with MBAM. It says that everything was quarantined and deleted successfully but after rebooting and running MBAM again, the same infections appear. Here is a log of the scan:

Database version: 3545
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (Safe Mode)

1/13/2010 11:17:51 PM
mbam-log-2010-01-13 (23-17-51).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|I:\|P:\|S:\|)
Objects scanned: 320357
Time elapsed: 40 minute(s), 10 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected:
\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\H8SRTsomeivowyb.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\H8SRT (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\H8SRTsomeivowyb.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

The computer is acting strangely. It won't boot up at times or it moves real slowly or it won't allow some pages to load or programs to run.
Here is the DDS log:

DDS (Ver_09-12-01.01) - NTFSx86
Run by kmckay at 6:02:26.65 on Thu 01/14/2010
Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.2039.1408 [GMT -5:00]

AV: Malware Defense *On-access scanning enabled* (Outdated) {28e00e3b-806e-4533-925c-f4c3d79514b9}
AV: Total Protection Service *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated) {8C354827-2F54-4E28-90DC-AD391E77808C}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k Cognizance
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Drive Encryption\HpFkCrypt.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Managed VirusScan\VScan\EngineServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor Enterprise\McSACore.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MANAGE~1\VScan\McShield.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Managed VirusScan\Agent\myAgtSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\IAM\bin\asghost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mqsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mqtgsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\PTHOSTTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\AccelerometerSt.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Managed VirusScan\DesktopUI\XTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgalry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\cQsK2SQwy.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\kmckay\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uStart Page = hxxp://www.facebook.com/
BHO: StumbleUpon Launcher: {145b29f4-a56b-4b90-bbac-45784ebebbb7} - c:\program files\stumbleupon\StumbleUponIEBar.dll
BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
BHO: Google Toolbar Helper: {aa58ed58-01dd-4d91-8333-cf10577473f7} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO: {af69de43-7d58-4638-b6fa-ce66b5ad205d} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\5.4.4525.1752\swg.dll
BHO: McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO: {b164e929-a1b6-4a06-b104-2cd0e90a88ff} - c:\program files\mcafee\siteadvisor enterprise\McIEPlg.dll
BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch: {c84d72fe-e17d-4195-bb24-76c02e2e7c4e} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll
BHO: Ask Toolbar: {d4027c7f-154a-4066-a1ad-4243d8127440} - c:\program files\ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools: {df21f1db-80c6-11d3-9483-b03d0ec10000} - c:\program files\hewlett-packard\iam\bin\ItIEAddIn.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
TB: Google Toolbar: {2318c2b1-4965-11d4-9b18-009027a5cd4f} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
TB: StumbleUpon Toolbar: {5093eb4c-3e93-40ab-9266-b607ba87bdc8} - c:\program files\stumbleupon\StumbleUponIEBar.dll
TB: Ask Toolbar: {d4027c7f-154a-4066-a1ad-4243d8127440} - c:\program files\ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll
TB: McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar: {0ebbbe48-bad4-4b4c-8e5a-516abecae064} - c:\program files\mcafee\siteadvisor enterprise\McIEPlg.dll
uRun: [LightScribe Control Panel] c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe -hidden
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [swg] "c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
uRun: [SUPERAntiSpyware] c:\program files\superantispyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
mRun: [MsmqIntCert] regsvr32 /s mqrt.dll
mRun: [SoundMAX] c:\program files\analog devices\soundmax\Smax4.exe /tray
mRun: [PTHOSTTR] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp protecttools security manager\PTHOSTTR.EXE /Start
mRun: [SynTPEnh] c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\SynTPEnh.exe
mRun: [IgfxTray] c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
mRun: [HotKeysCmds] c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
mRun: [Persistence] c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
mRun: [hpWirelessAssistant] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
mRun: [QlbCtrl] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
mRun: [CognizanceTS] rundll32.exe c:\progra~1\hewlet~1\iam\bin\ASTSVCC.dll,RegisterModule
mRun: [Recguard] c:\windows\sminst\Recguard.exe
mRun: [Reminder] c:\windows\creator\Remind_XP.exe
mRun: [Scheduler] c:\windows\sminst\Scheduler.exe
mRun: [HP Software Update] c:\program files\hp\hp software update\HPWuSchd2.exe
mRun: [Cpqset] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\default settings\cpqset.exe
mRun: [WatchDog] c:\program files\intervideo\dvd check\DVDCheck.exe
mRun: [AccelerometerSysTrayApplet] c:\windows\system32\AccelerometerSt.exe
mRun: [MVS Splash] "c:\program files\mcafee\managed virusscan\desktopui\XTray.exe"
mRun: [McAfee Managed Services Tray] "c:\program files\mcafee\managed virusscan\agent\StartMyagtTry.exe"
mRun: [SoundMAXPnP] c:\program files\analog devices\core\smax4pnp.exe
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\blueto~1.lnk - c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\BTTray.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\dvdche~1.lnk - c:\program files\intervideo\dvd check\DVDCheck.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\hpdigi~1.lnk - c:\program files\hewlett-packard\digital imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\hpimag~1.lnk - c:\program files\hewlett-packard\digital imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: StumbleUpon PhotoBlog It! - StumbleUponIEBar.dll/blogimage
IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
IE: {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe
IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503} - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
Trusted Zone: //about.htm/
Trusted Zone: //Exclude.htm/
Trusted Zone: //LanguageSelection.htm/
Trusted Zone: //Message.htm/
Trusted Zone: //MyAgttryCmd.htm/
Trusted Zone: //MyAgttryNag.htm/
Trusted Zone: //MyNotification.htm/
Trusted Zone: //NOCLessUpdate.htm/
Trusted Zone: //quarantine.htm/
Trusted Zone: //ScanNow.htm/
Trusted Zone: //strings.vbs/
Trusted Zone: //Template.htm/
Trusted Zone: //Update.htm/
Trusted Zone: //VirFound.htm/
Trusted Zone: mcafee.com\*
Trusted Zone: mcafeeasap.com\betavscan
Trusted Zone: mcafeeasap.com\vs
Trusted Zone: mcafeeasap.com\www
Trusted Zone: siteadvisor.com\www
DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} - hxxp://download.microsoft.com/download/C/0/C/C0CBBA88-A6F2-48D9-9B0E-1719D1177202/LegitCheckControl.cab
DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C} - hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/ultrashim.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0000-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0007-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_07-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0013-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab
Filter: x-sdch - {B1759355-3EEC-4C1E-B0F1-B719FE26E377} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\component\fastsearch_A8904FB862BD9564.dll
Handler: dssrequest - {5513F07E-936B-4E52-9B00-067394E91CC5} - c:\program files\mcafee\siteadvisor enterprise\McIEPlg.dll
Handler: myrm - {4D034FC3-013F-4b95-B544-44D49ABE3E76} - c:\program files\mcafee\managed virusscan\agent\MyRmProt5.0.0.705.dll
Handler: sacore - {5513F07E-936B-4E52-9B00-067394E91CC5} - c:\program files\mcafee\siteadvisor enterprise\McIEPlg.dll
Notify: !SASWinLogon - c:\program files\superantispyware\SASWINLO.dll
Notify: igfxcui - igfxdev.dll
Notify: OneCard - c:\program files\hewlett-packard\iam\bin\ASWLNPkg.dll
AppInit_DLLs: APSHook.dll
SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
SEH: SABShellExecuteHook Class: {5ae067d3-9afb-48e0-853a-ebb7f4a000da} - c:\program files\superantispyware\SASSEH.DLL
LSA: Notification Packages = SbHpNp scecli ASWLNPkg
mASetup: {10880D85-AAD9-4558-ABDC-2AB1552D831F} - "c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LSRunOnce.exe"

============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============

=============== Created Last 30 ================

==================== Find3M ====================

============= FINISH: 6:03:37.48 ===============

Thanks again for any help you are able to provide.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:09 AM

Hi,

Please read the instructions below and follow them in exactly the same way as described:
  • Start MalwareBytes and click the Update tab. There click "Check for updates"
  • Once the updates are downloaded, perform a quick scan again.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Do NOT post the log yet, but allow mbam to reboot.
  • After reboot, immediately rescan with malwarebytes, let it perform another scan, select to remove and reboot once again.
  • It's important that these steps are performed immediately after eachother (scan > select to remove > reboot > right after reboot, another scan > select to remove > reboot).
Then when done, post the LATEST malwarebytes log in your next reply. Only post that log AFTER the second reboot.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 leonjack

leonjack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

Hi,
I want to thank you for providing your time and help. I am using another computer to post these replies. I ran the MBAM once and tried to reboot. The first time it got to the point where it said windows was loading but did not move from there. I had to turn it off by using the power button. The second and third time it made it past that point but would not load any desktop icons. I can reboot into safe mode with networking, which is where I am now. Should I follow your previous instructions in safe mode? Thanks again.

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:30 AM

Hi,

Yes, follow the instructions from Windows safe mode.

Not sure what's causing the problem in normal mode though, as the infection you are dealing with normally doesn't cause this.
It could be your McAfee locking up at reboot as I've seen this a few times already...
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 leonjack

leonjack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:17 AM

I was able reboot normally and ran the scans. I'm not sure what's happening but nothing was detected. One of the scans showed eight problems but the last ones showed nothing. Here's the log from the last quick scan. I haven't run a full scan since the one I first posted. Thanks.

Database version: 3569
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

1/15/2010 10:10:23 AM
mbam-log-2010-01-15 (10-10-23).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 146603
Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 29 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

Hi,

One of the scans showed eight problems but the last ones showed nothing
Yes, that was the "plan" smile.gif
That's why it was important to have an immediate reboot before after the scan, so mbam could deal with the malware properly.
The reason why mbam failed to delete before is because it did detect some components, but since an immediate reboot and rescan was not applied, the malware reloaded everything again. Now, with the immediate reboot and rescan, it didn't have the chance to do this smile.gif

How are things now?

#7 leonjack

leonjack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:34 AM

It seems to be working fine. I feel like I wasted your time. If so, I'm sorry. I had a bad problem before on another computer and I thought it was similar to this one. I guess I was wrong. Thanks for everything.

#8 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:39 AM

Hi,

No, you didn't waste my time at all smile.gif

Glad to hear there are no problems anymore.
Please read my Prevention page with lots of info and tips how to prevent this in the future.
And if you want to improve speed/system performance after malware removal, take a look here.
Extra note: Make sure your programs are up to date - because older versions may contain Security Leaks. To find out what programs need to be updated, please run the Secunia Software Inspector Scan.

Happy Surfing again! smile.gif

#9 leonjack

leonjack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:43 AM

Thanks a lot. Have a great day.

#10 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:45 AM

You're most welcome and have a great day as well smile.gif

#11 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:52 AM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users