Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vundo.JD may be lingering

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 geno760

geno760

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:32 AM

HI! I could use some help and I from what I have been reading, I think I am in the right place to get started. I made a bone-head move and clicked a link in Justin.tv to watch a football game online. Within about 2 seconds firefox became non-responsive. I ended process in task manager and performed a scan with an updated AVG Free 9.0.725. The scan showed Trojan horse Vundo.JD located in c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe (3268):\memory_00250000. result - moved to virus vault. And on the next line shows Trojan horse Vundo.JD located in c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe (3268). result - Reboot is required to finish the action.

So I rebooted my machine (Dell Inspiron E1505 w\XP Pro SP2) but I am still suspicious the virus is not gone. My icons will flicker on my desktop frequently. Tonight when I was browsing the web I received a System Shutdown error message. Reads: This shutdown was intitiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. It gives a timer. And in a message box says: Windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process Launcher server terminated unexpectedly. (screenshot available). The pc restarted and now here we are.

I feel this pc is not fully healed. Tell me what ya think.

Thanks for your help.

Gene

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 geno760

geno760
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

Well...Thanks for all of your help! I used system restore and went back about a month. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users