Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In the Memory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 drago457

drago457

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

I was downloading some music. and i got a notice from my pc firewall saying deny or grant access to my memory .i was dumb and clicked yes. then thats when the trouble started with things freezing....when I start my computer its pretty slow booting up... and programs and videos freeze when trying top open and i have to wait for them to unfreeze.my computer was fine not any problems at all before i clicked yes to what ever it was that wanted in my memory.......

pc tools gives a lot of pop ups.I generally pay attention and am cautious to scan every thing i download and to use a sandbox web browser .... but again dumb me clicked yes to the firewall pop up with out paying to much attention ..........

I have scanned with multiple programs and to be quite honest .im not sure what else to do .....

scanned with norton it found nothing
malwarebytes it found nothing
superantispyware it found nothing
combofix ..... it found nothing

(I think they tell you on bleeping do not use combofix unless you have someone who is very computer smart. I have used combofix in the past..got the hang of it fairly easy and have never had any issues with it ...with that being said.......

I'm lost as what to do ...... and hope that you guys can help me out.....to be quite honest this is rare for me ..... im the guy is pretty careful and rarely gets infected with anything

Note: I'm running xp and have plenty of memory 1.5 GB ...... so this sucker is hitting me hard ..to slow me down with that much ram

Edited by Pandy, 14 January 2010 - 10:07 AM.
Moved from HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal as no log is included ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 drago457

drago457
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

Please delete this post

I will repost in hijackthis

I do not see the point of posting a log.so hi jack this forum can say post a new log your first log is no good.....thought I'd wait till im asked.because they do not even use the first log.but ok i'll post the hijack log off the bat if thats how it works

delete from this forum and im reposting in hijack

drago

Edited by drago457, 14 January 2010 - 12:12 PM.

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

Topic closed as per requested by the member. If this topic needs to be reopened please pm any moderator to do so.

Edited by Pandy, 14 January 2010 - 12:35 PM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users