Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Antivirus Live Keeps coming Back!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bonita16

Bonita16

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:43 PM

So the other day my computer got infected with antivirus live. I looked online and tried to remove it. I read some instructions sayin to download combo fix and MBAM so i did and the virus seemed to have been gone for good but a couple days later it came back but this time it was worse. My desktop background turned green with a black square saying my computer was infected. This seems like it just wont go away. Some one please help me get my computer back to normal!! :thumbsup: Thanks in advance

Edited by Pandy, 13 January 2010 - 03:44 PM.
Moved from Win XP Home and Pro ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 whiteac2k4

whiteac2k4

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:02 AM

I have personally removed this from many machines. I would first disable system restore. Boot in safemode and run a full scan. Usually if you can run taskmgr as soon as windows loads and stop the process sysguard, then you can run Malwarebytes. It is very important that you update MBAM before you run a full scan. I would also suggest using Spybot S&D to immunize the system. Its a great program even though teatimer.exe is a resource hog.

#3 roadclosed

roadclosed

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

Please leave System Restore Enabled as it is far better to have an infected Restore Point to go back to than have none at all if you run into problems when you are running scans etc

Do please fully update the Malwarebytes program, reboot and run a full computer scan, then let us see its report for checking

(Please do not post anything from ComboFix ;you will also ultimatey need instructions for removing ComboFix tool from your computer as it is a tool you should not have on there unless someone trained in its use has requested you to use)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users