Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uogradding ram and now wont boot all the time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 newcastlebrown

newcastlebrown

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:31 PM

I just added RAM to my VIAO....Put in a 512kit. and it works fine when it will boot up......after im done using my computer and i either shut down or put it to sleep when i come back it wont boot up.....it acts like it wants to but just sits there....so i have to open up the cpu and last night took out the new ram and still wouldnt boot up...so i put it back in and took out the old ram and it booted right up....so i shut it down and put the old ram back in and it booted up......was on computer last night and when i went to bed i put it in sleep mode and then came back to it this morning and again it wouldnt turn on/boot up......this has happened like 4-5 times now....at times i take the new ram out and it boots and others like yesterday had to take old out....

help this is drvving me crazy and am tired of having to disconnect everything and open it up everyday.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

first thing I would check is the voltages. what voltage is the ram designed to run at, and what is the default voltage set at in the motherboard? often times, especially with performance memory, you need to change to voltage on the motherboard in order for it to run correctly. what brand/type/model is your ram, and what type of motherboard/computer are you trying to put it into?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 newcastlebrown

newcastlebrown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:47 AM

Brand is CORSAIR-New RAM
512mb 184 pin DDR-DIMM
PC3200

On a Sony Viao VGC-RB44G

Edited by newcastlebrown, 14 January 2010 - 12:48 AM.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:39 AM

that ram runs at 2.5v. to see if thats the right voltage for your system, go into your bios and choose the pc health option if available, it will tell you what voltage it is running the ram at. if it is not 2.5 it may involve changing the voltage. however, 2.5v is a common voltage and I dont see why your computer would not be set at it, but it would still be good to check.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users