Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus/malware disables Spybot, Kasper, Avast

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mensafool

mensafool

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hello all, I am a new member so I will try and follow all rules. I haven't run the hijack this script/app yet, more information to follow. I shouldn't need much step by step direction as I am a pretty savvy IT user.

I clicked on a weblink within Piratebay (I can get you the specific link if you want) and when redirected, I got sent to a site with some nasty javascript that installed malwaredefender on my Vista PC. Here are my corrective courses so far:

1. Denied all registry changes via Avast when the install was happening
2. Tried running spybot S&D right after the icons were on my desktop and the application was installed
2a - Spybot has stopped working error
3. Automatic reboot of my PC (I did not send a shutdown command)
3a - rebooted into normal mode
4. Vista let me know (politely) that Avast has stopped working
5. Downloaded Kaspersky free trial and Spybot S&D installers
6. Installed new Kaspersky and Spybot,
7. Rebooted into normal mode
8. Kaspersky and Spybot has stopped working error
9. uninstalled kaspersky
10. booted into safemode with networking
11. installed kaspersky/spybot
12. apps just do not come up within safemode
13. booted into normal mode
13a Kaspersky, Spybot, IE and Mozilla have all stopped working error from vista
14. tried doing a system restore
15. bluescreen
16. booted into normal mode

When I leave the PC in idle mode in normal mode, I find that IE is running hidden and skypenames.exe is being run off and on. Also, I am seeing an Asynchronous application running.

At this point, I'll go and try to run malwarebytes when I get home from the safeboot w/ networking but are there any avenues that you guys can see that I am missing?

Edited by Pandy, 13 January 2010 - 12:52 PM.
Moved from HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal as no logs were included ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users