1. Denied all registry changes via Avast when the install was happening
2. Tried running spybot S&D right after the icons were on my desktop and the application was installed
2a - Spybot has stopped working error
3. Automatic reboot of my PC (I did not send a shutdown command)
3a - rebooted into normal mode
4. Vista let me know (politely) that Avast has stopped working
5. Downloaded Kaspersky free trial and Spybot S&D installers
6. Installed new Kaspersky and Spybot,
7. Rebooted into normal mode
8. Kaspersky and Spybot has stopped working error
9. uninstalled kaspersky
10. booted into safemode with networking
11. installed kaspersky/spybot
12. apps just do not come up within safemode
13. booted into normal mode
13a Kaspersky, Spybot, IE and Mozilla have all stopped working error from vista
14. tried doing a system restore
16. booted into normal mode
When I leave the PC in idle mode in normal mode, I find that IE is running hidden and skypenames.exe is being run off and on. Also, I am seeing an Asynchronous application running.
At this point, I'll go and try to run malwarebytes when I get home from the safeboot w/ networking but are there any avenues that you guys can see that I am missing?
Edited by Pandy, 13 January 2010 - 12:52 PM.
Moved from HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal as no logs were included ~Pandy