Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ncneal

ncneal

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

I have the exact same problem that peem has and everything that i read and done so far hasn't resolve the issue. It seems like I may have to reinstall to computer manufacture status. But I hate to lose everything . It will take a lot of cd to save my files.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:41 AM

The issue peem is having can be found HERE for reference.

ncneal, you are correct that it would take a lot of cd's to back up your files.
Instead of cd's, you could purchase-if your finances allow it-an external hard drive and back up everything to it.
External drives are a great investment. They come in varying sizes and prices . The best thing to do is go to the websites of stores that are in your area, and view the weekly ad for sale prices. (Best Buy, Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, etc).

All you need to do is copy the files to the drive, restore your computer, then copy them back over.

Plus with an external drive, you can back up on a regular basis which is always a good thing to do.

#3 ncneal

ncneal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

The problem with the i.e. 8 is that I can't access the File, Edit, View, favorite, Tools, help bar on the webpage because they aren't there anymore. If I try to re download the ie8 or do a windoes update; the blue bar will not pop up at all. The main thing is that the tools isn't there to access it.

#4 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:13 PM

Don't you have the System Restore?
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

0 user(s) are reading this topic