Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

webpage error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mikepin

mikepin

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:51 AM

Hello. It's been awhile for me since I had to re-format. Anyway, I went to a website... www.xxxxxxx and clicked on a link for "free stuff" which is a desktop image download page. Once it loaded up I found the image I wanted and clicked but I got a HTTP404-file not found error. I tried hitting back button and refresh as it suggested but to no avail. I'm using windows xpsp2 on IE browser at 56k with a 537 V9 intel modem dial-up. The site itself is about Amsterdam with message board's but really no way of contacting administrators with the current problem. Is there something I can do to stop this error? I've had this happen on other sites but did not really care for them anyway...this one's different. Any help is appreciated.....thanks!! :thumbsup:

Edited by KoanYorel, 26 August 2005 - 06:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikepin

mikepin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:45 AM

well I'm getting view's just no helpful reply's so I'm assuming that this error is a "from their end" website error and they need to fix it not me. I've had this happen before and like I said there's no link to administrator's so I'll post it in their forum and maybe they'll get the message and solve the problem.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 26 August 2005 - 11:02 AM

PM me the link and I will be able to tell you if I get the 404 from there as well

#4 mikepin

mikepin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:43 AM

:thumbsup: Thanks Grinler. I PMed the link to you. Thanks again for the look.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:40 PM

Open Internet Explorer. When it is open click on Tools and then Internet Options. Then click on the Connections tab and then press the Lan Settings button. Do you have it set to use a proxy server?

#6 mikepin

mikepin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:47 PM

Detect connection settings automatically is all that is checked there. I went back
and still got the page not found after clicking on the image for save so you could
see the image AND save it? when i try to save is when the 404 happen's.

:thumbsup:
mike

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:16 PM

Hey guess what. Its not just you. I just checked and am getting a 404 error on my end as well. So its probably something wrong on their end.

#8 mikepin

mikepin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:47 PM

Well that's cool cause it is typically from my end...these thing's are confusing to my "green" thumb :thumbsup: Did you notice that contacting adminstrator's seem's absent from the site? I guess it's an oh well on that one. Thank's for the help Grinler :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users