Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Insane and confusing virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NeonPython

NeonPython

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

So i have no clue what to do.
Ill be as descriptive as i possibly can.

WARNING LONG

So it all happened a few days ago. It started when Malware Bytes Stopped working. It said it couldn't find "mbam.exe."
I said to myself no biggie ill fix it later. I went on the internet to check my Facebook, Yahoo, etc.
I turned off my computer and the next day i turned it back on. as it went to the desktop the wallpaper changed.
It said "Your computer is infected" and popups started coming saying a virus was found and it disabled task manager. I knew i was bleeped so i turned off my computer for awhile and then came back.
Malware Bytes wasn't working so i went on the internet (i run Firefox as my default browser) Then IE8 the bleeptiest browser ever started to open up to random sites for example this one
*possibly harmful link removed*
and this one
buyinternetsecurity2010.com
Then i turned off my computer again. Later that day i came back and the background was gone but the popups still came up.
The background now says "active desktop recovery." I ran McAfee and scanned my computer in the background. The popups are gone but internet explorer keeps opening up when im on the internet. When i try to run task manager it says "task manager has been disabled by you're administrator." Im the administrator! It wont let me change the desktop background. It does let me however run Registry editor.

Please help

thanks

Edited by Pandy, 13 January 2010 - 12:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users