Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

empire earth 2 lagging

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 raegstar

raegstar

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:36 AM

when i play empire earth 2 it lags for ages and pauses and then starts again and it realy annoying. i think it becuase my ram is realy low. how can i increase my ram???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:56 AM

You would have to buy another stick of ram, if indeed that is the cause.

I would be assuming you only have one stick of ram in there right now. You would need to find out how much ram you have by going to control panel>system (XP)

At the bottom of the system information window that now comes up, you should see your computer's specs. Mine, for example is a p4 2.4 ghz processor with 1 gig or ram (2 x 512 sticks)

Before you buy a stick of ram, you might just want to find out if indeed, you only have one stick of ram in your computer, you'd have to open it up and check it out (probably only if you have 256-512 megs of ram). Then if you do only have one stick in there, depending on how much you want to spend will be how much of a memory of ram you should buy. You can get a 128 meg, 256 meg, 512 meg, 1024 meg, and I think it even goes up to 2 gig sticks of ram. A 512 stick of ram at a regular computer store a year ago costed me $94. If I went to another place that has way cheaper prices, I could have gotten that same 512 stick of ram for only $50. So you'd want to shop around to see what has better prices.

Hoped that helped
-Wiz

Edited by Wizdabest, 23 August 2005 - 07:58 AM.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:50 PM

You can download Belarc Advisor which will give you the amount of RAM you have installed without having to go into your case. If the problem is not caused by low RAM, it may be caused by a barely adequate video card. If there are video options within the game, try turning these down to "best performance."
Regards,
John

PS: if you have played the original EE, I would be interested in your comparison with it and the new version. I understand the graphics are much better, but I am concerned with the playability when compared to the original.
Thanks,
John

Edited by jgweed, 23 August 2005 - 03:08 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users