Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Defense is the Devil

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hubris67

hubris67

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

Having trouble with the Malware defense virus. I used rKill and Malwarebytes' to get rid of it in the first place, but there still seems to be residual effects. PC will freeze and McAfee scans freeze before complete everytime. If PC is on for more than an hour or two it freezes and every once in a while I hear what seems to be a garbled and momentary instance of an advertisement on startup, which happened the first time I noticed the virus and the original pop-ups pertaining to installation of Malware Defense. Have made it through scans with Spyware Doctor(which yielded registry problems the first time) and Malwarebytes multiple times and if it doesn't freeze it comes up with nothing. Haven't had these issues prior to the Malware Defense problem and they were the first symptoms to come up when it hit the first time. Ran all the antivirus stuff I could and followed the step-by-step here, but seems to be hanging on for dear life. :thumbsup: Oh, running XP home and using FF browser so no problems with IE/proxy servers, etc...

Thanks!

Edited by hubris67, 12 January 2010 - 03:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pdtnelson

pdtnelson

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:45 PM

Hi! We'll be happy to help.

First off, could you post a logfile from one of your MBAM scans? This will assist in diagnosing the problem and help ensure that you're in the proper forum to get the help you need.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users