Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

More problems

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 cowgirlup914

cowgirlup914

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:29 PM

I thought I had all of my computer problems fixed. I had a virus earlier this week, but got rid of it through some awesome help on this site.

Now every time I open a window, I get a Just In Time Debugging screen: just in time debugging new instance of microsoft script editor

I either need to click yes or no. If I click no, I get a new screen at least 6 times before it disappears.

Also, I've noticed on occasion that when I conduct a Google search and click on the topic, it takes me to another search engine.

Should I just get rid of this hard drive and start over? I've run every program imaginable to get rid of spyware, viruses, etc.

Thanks for you help! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:RBB-3F...=clnk&gl=us

Note comment by Mudhi re possibility of malware. He's pretty knowledgeable so I would take it to heart.

Other opinions, http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...02222746AACwQ34.

If you think you are infected...read and follow administrative directions at BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Louis

#3 cowgirlup914

cowgirlup914
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but I still get this message if I use Opera or Firefox. After running numerous virus programs, malware programs, etc., now I get a notification of a virus/malware in the following file:

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\nxbv.tmp\svchost.exe

I have considered myself pretty computer smart, but this is whipping my rear end!!

#4 cowgirlup914

cowgirlup914
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

I seem to be having ongoing problems with my computer. I am now being redirected to another search engine whenever I use Google, i.e., Questfinder.com. I have added them to my block list, but another always seems to come up.

Also, whenever I try to download Flash Player 10, I get a failed to register message. I have used the uninstaller that you have recommended.

I use Windows XP Professional SP3; Avira Antivirus Program;, Superantispyware; Threatfire (it detected a problem with Adobe so I uninstalled everything connected to Adobe); Malwarebytes; CleanUp. I reinstalled the reader with no problem.

Any suggestions?

#5 roadclosed

roadclosed

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

I use Windows XP Professional SP3; Avira Antivirus Program;, Superantispyware; Threatfire (it detected a problem with Adobe so I uninstalled everything connected to Adobe); Malwarebytes; CleanUp. I reinstalled the reader with no problem.

Any suggestions?

Yes; assuming you still have these two ,you could fully update the Malwarebytes and Superantispyware programs, reboot and run full system scans with each , then let us see their reports for someone to check out for you

#6 cowgirlup914

cowgirlup914
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:49 AM

I ran those programs last night, but didn't see anyway to save a log. There were only cookies detected when the program finished. I had to restart computer this a.m. due to updates being installed and I still got the 'hardware found' message. My floppy drive doesn't even work, if I disconnect it, would that make a difference?
I am at work right now, so can't do anything until this evening.

#7 roadclosed

roadclosed

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

If you can get us the Malwarebytes log to start with it should be automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.

To retrieve the Superantispyware report
Open the Program
Click Preferences and then click the statistics/logs tab.

Click the dated log and press view log and a text file will
appear.

try that ?

#8 cowgirlup914

cowgirlup914
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

I ran both programs this a.m. and there wasn't anything detected. I saved the reports, but nothing is listed on them. Now I have another problem, whenever I start or reboot my computer, I get a message that the hardware manager is trying to download the floppy disk drive - which doesn't work anymore. I've gone to the Device Manager and deleted the extra floppy drive, but every time I reboot it appears again. I guess I can keep clicking on cancel, but would rather have it fixed.

#9 roadclosed

roadclosed

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

I seem to be having ongoing problems with my computer. I am now being redirected to another search engine whenever I use Google, i.e., Questfinder.com. I have added them to my block list, but another always seems to come up.

Also, whenever I try to download Flash Player 10, I get a failed to register message. I have used the uninstaller that you have recommended.

Any suggestions?

Are you aware you have two antivirus programs installed?
Threatfire
http://www.threatfire.com/

and Avira

http://www.avira.com/en/download/index.php

I suggest you decide which ONE you wish to keep and uninstall the other ; then fully update your chosen one and run a full system scan with it

#10 cowgirlup914

cowgirlup914
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

Yes I am aware of that and both of them catch different threats, that's why I have both of them. What one doesn't catch, the other one does.

#11 roadclosed

roadclosed

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:02 PM

Yes I am aware of that and both of them catch different threats, that's why I have both of them. What one doesn't catch, the other one does.

May I suggest you read this about the dangers of running more than ONE installed antivirus program

http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/3826

Three is some reading for you but to quote a small part of it....

The most simple answer is, "No, it's not okay to run more than one antivirus program at the same time."

It makes sense that we, as computer users, assume that if we have more than one antivirus program on our computers, we will be better protected from outside threats. We all think that if one of them doesn't catch something, the other surely will. Well, this just isn't true. Using more than one program (or even multiple versions of the same one) will likely cause you some problems. Here are a couple of the biggest ones spelled out for you.

I suggest you decide which ONE program you wish to keep and uninstall the other ; then run a full system scan with the ONE and see what it finds ....

#12 cowgirlup914

cowgirlup914
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

I uninstalled Threatfire (although was recommended highly by CNET.com) and ran another scan - NOTHING.

#13 roadclosed

roadclosed

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

I am going to suggest you fully update both the Malwarebytes and Superantispyware programs , reboot and run full computer scans with both ..

then go to Trend micro to get an on- line scan done

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

As you have posted in the AII section, we are seeking to first eliminate an infection as the cause of your problems

Please let us see the reports from both the Malwarebytes and Superantispyware programs ; if all that comes back as 'clean' and anyone else does not have any other scanners to suggest, you may need to seek help in probably the Internal Hardware section of this board

Please do the suggested scans and post the reports....

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Are you aware you have two antivirus programs installed?
Threatfire
http://www.threatfire.com/

and Avira

http://www.avira.com/en/download/index.php

I suggest you decide which ONE you wish to keep and uninstall the other ; then fully update your chosen one and run a full system scan with it

@ roadclosed

If you look at threatfire's link you provided you will see that threatfire is designed to work in conjunction with a resident AV. It is designed to not conflict in the traditional sense of active onboard AV conflict.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#15 cowgirlup914

cowgirlup914
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

Thank you Animal for your reply. I thought that they could be used together, so am going to reinstall it.
Now any suggestions as to my problem with the Hardware Wizard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users