Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Outlook 03/Vista Startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tempower

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:01 PM

My Outlook closes on startup. It has worked fine for two years except on one time a year ago I had the same problem. I found I could click on the Contact folder in the side bar while it was trying to figure out what to do and it would allow me to resume as normal. After a few days the problem went away. This time no amount of trickery seems to work. I get an error message the Outlook is not responding and then Outlook needs to shut down. I did notice once trying to access a website at the same time Firefox got hung until I closed Outlook.
I ran many anti spy, malware programs last week due to unexplained bandwidth use by my ISP (Galaxy Broadband) Malwarebytes, McAfee, Spybot S&D, Super Anti Spy
The laptop runs hot and has a CPU usage of 70% to 80% for some timeI had "company" over the Christmas so I don't know what they may have done. (Teenage Grandkids)
I just ran the Office XP CD and did a repair with no luck. I am begining to think it may be a Vista problem, but I am a PC user and not a "Yoda" :thumbsup:
I could really use this thing a day ago. I am in small bizz in the bush in Northern Ontario and any help is not close or a hot delivered pizza for that matter.

Edited by Tempower, 12 January 2010 - 03:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users