Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Small Business Solution

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 polomaan

polomaan

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

I inhereted an IT admin position as a second portion of my job because I seem to be the most qualified around here. Right now we have several computers with norton (some out of license time), and others with some various free software.

We don't mind spending some money, but it seems like every time I research this topic all the sites are paid by the antivirus companies to push their product. I need a few recomendations of programs.

I want to be able to push out updates or force updates from the server. I also want to monitor/control the antivirus software on all networked computers from the server. Deployment from server is nice but not necessary... there're only 20 employees.

Thanks!

Edited by polomaan, 12 January 2010 - 02:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

I believe that to run an Anti-Virus program on multiple computers you need a paid Anti-Virus program.
By 20 employees, do you mean 20 computers as well? If so, you may want to take a look at avast! Anti-Virus Standard Suite. They also offer avast! Professional Edition for 1-10 PC's, but it doesn't include server protection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users