Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop mousepad will not work when power cord is pluged into an outlet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cnorth

cnorth

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

Ok so here is my problem i just bought a Dell 1440 Laptop and it is a great computer but i am having a problem with the mousepad working when the power cord (charger) is pluged into one particular outlet in the house i have pluged it into a differnt outlet in the house and the mousepad works fine, but i would like to have it pluged it the outlet that it is not working on, does anyone have any suggestions should i change the outlet could there be to much or not enough power to the outlet, any suggestions would be helpful

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

I see you have a DDS log posted
You should not make any changes to your computer unless told to do so by the HJT team member that is helping you

As far as the problem you are describing, that sounds more like a house wiring problem and should be looked at by a qualified electrician
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users