Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sarunk

sarunk

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

Hai,
I am using vista ultimate. For first time i am trying to configure outlook 2003 for gmail. I used incomming server as 110 and out going server as 587. I am not able to send mails. Getting error "Task 'pop.gmail.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 9sm270616ywe.11".

Any help would be appreciated.........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

hello and welcome to the BC :huh:

see if this will help... http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer....mp;answer=77661

good luck :huh:

Edited by keny111111, 12 January 2010 - 11:04 AM.

Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#3 sarunk

sarunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:40 PM

Thanks for your reply. i configured it exactly as u mentioned it. i am able to receive mail but unable to send e-mails. Getting an error
Task 'pop.gmail.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 7sm11029460yxd.44'

Thanks in advance

#4 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for your reply. i configured it exactly as u mentioned it. i am able to receive mail but unable to send e-mails. Getting an error
Task 'pop.gmail.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 7sm11029460yxd.44'

Thanks in advance

You will need to go into your smpt configurations and change it from 'POP.Gmail.com' to 'smtp.gmail.com'. That is the problem and you should create a new account. You can also try implementing the Imap feature.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77695
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77661

I have been having more success with Imap than the pop server and you can always have access to your email online in case you can't get to your local system!!

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users