Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Flashing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:02 AM

My friend had just upgraded to Windows 7 and when she opens more than 3 programs (when there is more than 3 programs opened in the taskbar) , the screen starts flashing.

I dont think she did that tweak that speed up the shutdown process.

To solve the screen flashing and not responding error in windows 7, go to start, type regedit in the search line and press Enter. Once the registry editor is opened, find these registry keys and delete them.

* HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\HungAppTimeOut
* HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\WaitToKillAppTimeOut
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\HungAppTimeOut
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WaitToKillAppTimeOut
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WaitToKillServiceTimeOut

Once all these keys are deleted, Screen flashing will be solved in your computer.

Should I still do the above method ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

I don't think these registry tweaks that make shutdown faster have any relevance to the screen flashing (I use them myself). If I were you, I would go the "Am I Infected? What do I do?" sub-forum and check for malware first.

Then if you're declared clean, come back here to fight with the os itself (if malware was not the issue).
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

Ok will do that mate, Thanks

and btw, not all the users who use that shutdown tweak results the flashing screen ;)

#4 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

A weird fix O_o

I added to the registery that tweak which speeds up the shutdown process and now the flashing is not happening. Usually that tweak result in the problem, but it fixed it xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users