Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gala search engine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 queyi

queyi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:15 AM

Hi,

I have some kind of virus that when typing anything without a dot com in the address bar, redirects it to a Gala search engine, supposedly sponsored by Google. How do I get rid of this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Queyi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:29 AM

Welcome to BC queyi :thumbsup:

Please use this for your Gala issue:

Remove Windows Additional Guard (Removal Guide)
Posted by Grinler on September 6, 2009

While this program is running, you will also see fake security alerts on your desktop stating that various infections or security risks are running on your computer. You will also find that Internet Explorer and Firefox are hijacked to use the search engine Search-gala.com. Last, but not least, Internet Explorer will be hijacked to randomly show a warning when browsing web sites that suggests you purchase Windows Additional Guard.

Best of luck
'Alien
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users