About a week ago my internet stopped working. It went in a step by step process though, chrome stopped loading anything, and then explorer followed, saying that i wasn't connected, even though my computer said i was. the last program working was AIM and i restarted my computer with the hopes that the problem would be fixed. (this all happened in just a few hours.) of course when it reboots it tells me that i'm only connected with limited access and "local only." i know it's not a problem with the hub in my house because no one else's computer's aren't connecting and i even tried using an ethernet cable - with no results. I told some IT guys at my school about this and they thought it sounded like malware and directed me to a free malware removal program "malwarebytes." but, since my internet isn't working i had to use a friend's computer and downloaded the software fine on his computer, but when i transferred it to mine and tried opening it it said, "run time error '0'" and after closing that another error window popped up saying "run time error '440'" and "automated error" right below that. I'm hoping to be able to avoid taking my computer somewhere like Best Buy and paying them more than i should to fix it. If there's anything you think might help, please let me know.
(and i've tried just about everything window's has to offer to connect again, diagnostics and whatnot, and nothing's working. i can't even connect to any other networks.)
my computer runs Vista and is about 19-20 months old
Thanks for the help!