Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't start my computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ezooone

ezooone

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:21 PM

Hello bleeping computer..

Well..today I have problem with my beloved computer..hmm..the problem is when I turned on my desktop..It will stuck after the computer told "windows is starting(the blue light screen)"..Only my wallpaper comes out..other than that does't come at all including dekstops..even "start" tool bar disappear..So what should I do? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

will it start in safe mode by any chance? (Press f8 when the splash screen comes up)

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 ezooone

ezooone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

Budapest : After I type the command "chkdsk /r"..what will happen?

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

The computer will check your disk for problems and attempt to fix them. The scan can take a long time.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 ezooone

ezooone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:35 PM

Thanks a lot Budapest..I'll try in a moment..I'll give you feedback later.. :thumbsup:

#7 ezooone

ezooone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

Hello..sorry for the late reply..Budapest..your solution didn't work bro..I can't type "chkdsk /r" because the mode only allow me to type one alphabet..haha..then I tried to use the_patriot09 way..by using the safe mode..anyway thanks the_patriot09 for the brilliant idea! When I was in the safe mode..I scan my computer using avast antivirus..at last avast detected a dangerous virus..it continue to scan and lastly it removed those viruses..I love avast!!!!!!..haha..my computer back to normal now..thanks everyone.. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users