Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

changing to 800x600

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

The icons on my desktop are very small, and I wish to change my resolution to 800x600. Specifically how would I do that. Thank you very much. Murrar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

Just right-click anywhere on the desktop where there is no icon or other object...click on Properties. Select the Settings tab and adjust your screen resolution to whatever you want. Moving the slider to 800x600 will make items viewable on the desktop...larger and easier to see.

Louis

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

You can also use the setting on the appearance tab in properties to make the icons larger. On the page with the appearance tab, you can click on effects and select use large icons, and, you can click on advance and from the drop down list select icons and change the size there.

I like the 800x600 setting so things are larger on the screen but I also change the size of everything using the settings in properties/appearance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users