We'll use some clean-up tools first - if you already have any of these and you are sure they are the latest version then just skip and move on to the next one.
to download Spybot Search & Destroy v1.4 - install, update, scan and fix all RED items it finds. Reboot when done.
to download Ad-Aware SE and install. Before scanning click on "check for updates now" to make sure you have the latest reference file.
- Click "Start"
- Select "Perform Full System scan"
- Click "Next" to start the scan.
When the scan is finished, the screen will tell you if anything has been found.
- Click "Next". The bad files will be listed.
- Right click the pane and click "Select all objects" - this will put a check mark in the box at the side.
- Click "Next" again
- Click "OK" at the prompt "# objects will be removed. Continue?".
Reboot when done.
to download Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta, check for updates and run it. Reboot when done.
to download ewido security suite - it is a trial version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
- Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
- The program will now go to the main screen
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update
- Then click on Start Update
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed. If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link
to manually update ewido. Then:
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin (do not open any folders or open the windows control panel while the scan is in progress).
- While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean files, click OK
- When it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.
Rescan with HJT and post a new log here together with the ewido log so that any remnants can be removed manually.