Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No option to create a new user

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ishootfriendlies

ishootfriendlies

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

I loaded win 7 Ult on a new PC to be part of a server 2003 domain. For the local machine administrator I created a username of wjohnson (name changed to protect the ignorant). When it was up and running I created a domain user and named it the same thing, with this user having user rights. Now I cannot create or modify any accounts, no matter if I log into the domain or the local machine. The option is not available. Did I do a bad thing by using the same name?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:24 PM

Well, I have this same problem with my Windows 7 Pro. I am the only user (administrator), and I cannot add or modify any accounts through "User Accounts". The option is there, but when I click it, nothing happens.

However, I can add/delete/modify user accounts through the Command Prompt using the "net user" commands.

It's kind of a pain to have to do it in the command prompt, but at least I can do it. I don't know if this will work in your case, but it is the first thing I would try. I've spent countless hours trying to fix the problem so I can add/modify through the User Account interface, but it just won't work. Try the command prompt, and see what happens. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 ishootfriendlies

ishootfriendlies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

No go. I ended up reinstalling the OS. I hate this stuff.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

That usually fixes it. :huh:

I need to do a reinstall myself, but I don't have Office to put back on it. :huh:

Sorry I couldn't help you better. :thumbup2:

Have a nice day.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#5 Computer Wizard 27

Computer Wizard 27

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:53 PM

All you have to do is go into your Control Panel>User Accounts And Family Safety>Add or Remove User Accounts and create yourself a new User Account.

-Computer Wizard 27

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users