Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not responding to keyboard or mouse

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Snattringe

Snattringe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

Hi,
My Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo T D1826 with XP Home is freezing more and more often. Typically it wont respond to mouse or keyboard at start up. It doesnt even respond to the keyboard for boot or settings (F2 or F12). It could also freeze when running a program, be it Outlook or streaming video with E7 or whatever. It only responds to the OFF button. Strangely, before shutting down it says, “ There are other persons etc.” and displays YES or NO buttons. Then suddenly it responds to the keyboard when I press Y!!!!
One way to fix the problem has been to switch off the mains to make the computer without 230 Volts and then back on but that doesnt help any longer.

Any tip?

Edited by Snattringe, 11 January 2010 - 04:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snattringe

Snattringe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

Hmm. Something is definitely wrong. Just tried to download an update of Adobe Reader because of a security issue. Got the message: Operating System fault (16260.103.5438.8000).
Maybe it all started when I installed Windows7 Upgrade Advisor. Had to download all sorts of junk. Microsoft.net etc..

#3 Snattringe

Snattringe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

Today Adobe Reader downloaded OK.
Wind blowing in right direction?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

Strangely, before shutting down it says, “ There are other persons etc.” and displays YES or NO buttons

Please post the entire message, verbatim
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Snattringe

Snattringe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:50 AM

Strangely, before shutting down it says, “ There are other persons etc.” and displays YES or NO buttons

Please post the entire message, verbatim

Actually don't know the exact wording in English. My prompts are in Swedish but the message is displayed if two persons are logged in and one of them is trying to shut down the computer. The strange thing is that it's the only occation when the PC responds to the keybard when it has hanged.

#6 Snattringe

Snattringe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:54 AM

Will lie low for now. No problem last couple of days.
What I've done:
- Let the PC sit for few minutes with power connected but PC not switched on.
- Let all background programs start before hitting any key.

#7 fallendream

fallendream

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

try having it plugged in, turn it on, if keyboard or mouse not work remove the battery pack and move mouse and press a keyboard key - then plug bat pack in and itll work fine.

this only works on laptops though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users