Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to hook up my laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 1ron Lung

1ron Lung

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:48 PM

does anyone know if i need any special equipment to use internet on my laptop wirelessly? I Have internet on this Comp now, and the laptop says it is connected, and my comp says its connected, but IEX says Page cannot be displayed, the classic "Ur not hooked up" page

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

What type of wireless router are you using? (If you are not wired to your computer, you need a router to receive the signal.) How are you hooking to the net?
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 jpc43

jpc43

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:05 PM

I actually just had a problem that might be similar

if it is a brand new laptop,and you are actually connected to the internet

then it is possible you may not have configured your antivirus software..i had to disable it first..and then run it after the internet was working
AMD athlon 64 3000+,Nvidia Geforce 6200,2x120G HDD,WIN media center '05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users