Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 debbiedsd

debbiedsd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:52 AM

I just did a clean install of Windows 7 and everything works beautifully, except for my sound. I can't get it to work at all. It shows up in the Manager and it say everything is working fine, but no sound is coming out of the speakers. It is not the speakers. I tried them on other computers and they work fine. The also worked perfect when I had Windows xp. It is just since the install of Windows 7. I am unsure what brand of sound card I have. I can't find the documentation for my computer, which was not a pre-built unit. I tried taking the back off and checking the sound card that way, but it is attached to the mother board and I can't see what it is. Please, please HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 youthedog4

youthedog4

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:23 AM

You need to find your audio driver and download the latest one. Then go into device manager, go to "sound, video, and game controllers", and uninstall that driver and disable it. Restart your computer, run the audio driver setup, and go back to device manager and enable it again.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:38 AM

You're better off going to the support site for you computer than to let Windows select a driver for it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

1. Use HWInfo32 to gather details about the components in your PC, that need drivers.

2. Visit the manufacturer's website, choose the model, select the right Windows operating system, download and install the drivers!

If you have trouble finding drivers, post back with the make/model no. of the component and we'll help.

Good luck :thumbsup:
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users